Cupping & Gua Sha Certification Course
NCBTMB APPROVED for 15 Continuing Education Hours!
Day 1 – Cupping & Gua Sha Level 1 (No prerequisite)
- Foundations of Cupping & Gua Sha – History, use, functions, purposes, types of cupping
- Proper sanitation, care of tools and location for maintaining clean technique
- Basic 5 element theory - specific acu-points for cupping, location and uses
- Application and Indications of stationary and moving/massage cupping
- Myofascial - Trigger points for every muscle (except abdominals)
- Client evaluation and Contraindications
Day 2 – Cosmetic Cupping & Gua Sha (Prerequisite - Cupping / Gua Sha Level 1)
- Facial, shoulder and neck massage
- Application of cosmetic Cupping and Gua Sha – face and body
- Cellulite treatment/ reduction, improving skin quality, color and tone
- Treatments for particular conditions and problem areas
- Weight loss, body toning and breast enhancement
This course covers all necessary aspects of Cupping & Gua Sha therapy, safety, theory and application including demonstration and practical components where participants will perform cupping on one another to perfect proper technique and knowledge.
PRICE: $450.00 includes Tuition and Supplies (10 piece cup set which includes 4 body and 6
cosmetic/cellulite cups, 2 Gua Sha tools and an instructional booklet)
DATE: Sunday, Oct 14th & Monday, Oct 15th 2018 - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
LOCATION: Community Healthplex - 3660 Guion Road, Indianapolis, IN 46222
PRESENTED BY: Carmel School of Massage & Healing Arts and Traditional Healing Arts of Acupuncture & Massage, Ontario with Instructor Renée Osborne R.TCMP, R.Ac CTCMPAO - NCBTMB Provider https://traditionalhealingartsofacupuncturemassage.com/
About Dr. Renee Osborne
Renee Osborne R.TCMP, R.Ac brings over 20 years’ experience in the medical field with her to the teaching environment. With a background in nursing, massage therapy, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine - Renee has a well-rounded approach to learning, practice in the health field, balance and healing.
Ms. Osborne studied TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) for 5 years fulltime in Victoria BC at one of the oldest, most prestigious schools for Oriental Medicine in the Country. The program covered in-depth; philosophy, history, theory, differentiation, treatment principal and many specialty areas of study.
In particular; woman’s reproductive health/fertility, pain management/resolution, trauma interrupted healing, detoxification, addictions, mental health, emotional imbalances, cosmetic applications of acupuncture, auto immune disorders, post stroke treatment, pediatric disorders and treatment, herbology/ formulas, moxibustion, food therapy/ energetics of food, Gua Sha, cupping, NADA, Zhong Fu, Korean 4 needle technique and Five Elements treatment – which focus’ on the energetic balance between organ systems as well as the role emotions, nutrition, climate and other factors play in our health.